Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mpls Concert date change, housekeeping, and thanks

Many, many heartfelt thanks to everyone who has donated through the PayPal link. The outpouring has been overwhelming. We are all beside ourselves with gratitude. Keep it coming--every little bit helps.

Please note that the Minneapolis concert is being rescheduled. A new date will be posted on this blog shortly.

If you want regular status updates on Laura's condition, the concert, or things Laura in general, we've added a subscribe link on the left-hand side of the blog. Now that we're more organized (and are getting better at deciphering Google's word verification when we post), expect more frequent contributions from me and all of Laura's circle of support.

Again, thank you for all you've done so far. Please keep Laura in your hearts and minds in the coming months.

--Adam

2 comments:

NYCDreamin said...

Laura...I was just checking the Bush Tetras Myspace to see how the recent Germany shows went and saw news of your illness. I wish you all the best.

I'm a recent B.T. fan...from your new home Minneapolis no less! I came to find out about Bush Tetras just this summer after a random encounter on the streets of NYC's Upper West Side with the guy who filled in for you when you left the group in early 80's, one Bobby Albertson. He stopped me on Broadway (somewhere in the 90's) to ask me about the "Max's Kansas City" t-shirt I was wearing. He asked me if I'd ever heard of Bush Tetras and I had to say I had not. He had great stuff to say about the experience. He seemed like a really nice guy. We talked for quite a while and then when I came back to Minneapolis a few weeks later I went to Cheapo Records in uptown and was thrilled to see they had two of your CD's there. I bought them both and have really enjoyed listening to them this summer. Really great stuff.

Anyways, I've added a link to your new blog on my blog and wrote a small piece on your story, the upcoming benefit shows, etc.
Check it out here: http://thisaintthesummeroflove.blogspot.com/2008/10/bush-tetras-bassist-laura-kennedy-needs.html

My blog is mostly a worship of all things NYC...especially the music scene ther from late 60's through 80's.

Hope the Bush Tetras are gonna make the planned upcoming show here? I can't wait to find out when the show is...I'll definately be there! Hopefully you are well enough to attend?

Again, best wishes to you and Keep Your Spirits High!! Music is the healer...

Anonymous said...

If you are looking for reliable security guards who can act as doorkeepers for your company with devotion and effectiveness, then without further delay, come in touch with http://www.servelsecurity.net Just approach servel security online and find the right security guard.